Today, David Holt was named an “Achiever Under 40″ by The Journal Record, the state’s business newspaper.
ACHIEVERS UNDER 40 TO BE HONORED
By Jessica Mitchell
The Journal Record
Posted: 12:10 AM Friday, April 9, 2010
OKLAHOMA CITY – Christy Counts, founder and president of the Central Oklahoma Humane Society, will be the speaker at the 2010 Journal Record “Achievers under 40” event honoring 39 professionals from the state.
In addition to her role as president at the humane society, Counts serves as vice president of the Metro Alliance for Animal Life. She also helped Oklahoma City become a winner in the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Mission Orange program, which includes a three-year collaborative partnership with the ASPCA.
Counts is a graduate of Bishop McGuinness High School and the University of Oklahoma. She is also a member of Leadership Oklahoma City Class XVII.
The Journal Record’s “Achievers under 40: Rewarding the Climb” salute is set to begin at 11:30 a.m. May 20 at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel, 6808 S. 107th East Ave.
“The mission of The Journal Record’s ‘Achievers under 40’ is to honor and recognize the accomplishments of Oklahoma’s talented young leaders. This year, we again received a record number of quality nominees, making the selection especially difficult. While the selection process was challenging and competitive, it is a great sign for our future that we have such a large group of dedicated leaders to move Oklahoma forward,” said Mary Mélon, publisher. “This year’s honorees – all under the age of 40 – have certainly proven their professional leadership skills, but have also proven their strong commitment to making Oklahoma a better place to live and work.”
The winners were chosen by a committee composed of area leaders and will be honored at the event and profiled in a special publication of The Journal Record.
Sponsors of the 2010 event are Accel Financial Staffing Solutions, Alliance of Emerging Professionals, Bank of Oklahoma, Cox Business Services, Crowe and Dunlevy, Eide Bailly, Oklahoma City University’s Meinders School of Business, Saxum|PR and Tulsa Young Professionals.
The Journal Record’s seventh class of “Achievers under 40” includes:
• Edwin Amaya, The Benham Companies LLC, Oklahoma City.
• Carey Baker, Part-Time Pros, Tulsa.
• Lance Baker, Stifel Nicolaus & Co. Inc., Oklahoma City.
• Thad Balkman, Oklahoma Lawyers Association, Oklahoma City.
• Thamara Barthelus, Arvest Bank, Tulsa.
• James Bertsch, Bank of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City.
• Anthony Blatt, Hornbeek-Blatt Architects, Edmond.
• Chris Cardoni, F&M Bank and Trust Co., Tulsa.
• Allyson Carson, Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General, Oklahoma City.
• Lori Dickinson, The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City.
• Kristina Dover, Rees Associates Inc., Oklahoma City.
• Meridith Edmison, Wegener Foundation Inc., Oklahoma City.
• Erin Engelke, World Neighbors, Oklahoma City.
• Joshua Fahrenbruck, Kimray Inc., Oklahoma City.
• Scott Freeny, Crowe & Dunlevy, Oklahoma City.
• Maria Gonzalez, McAfee & Taft, Oklahoma City.
• Noel Groves, AcctKnowledge Financial Staffing, Tulsa.
• Mandy Hayes-Chandler, St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City.
• David Holt, City of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City.
• Mike Jackson, Oklahoma House of Representatives, Enid.
• Darius Jackson, Tinker Federal Credit Union, Tinker Air Force Base.
• Mautra Jones, The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City.
• Michelle Keylon, Francis Tuttle Technology Center, Oklahoma City.
• Jami Longacre, Longacre Inc., Kelleyville.
• Scott Martin, Oklahoma House of Representatives/Republic Bank & Trust, Oklahoma City.
• Malek Massad, H3 Advisors, Edmond.
• Malana Means, Sunbeam Family Services, Oklahoma City.
• Erin Merryweather, Red Earth Inc., Oklahoma City.
• Max Myers, OGE Energy Corp., Oklahoma City.
• Christina Oden, Tulsa Metro Chamber, Tulsa.
• Brian Puckett, Bank of Oklahoma, Tulsa.
• Dawn Rahme, Phillips Murrah, Oklahoma City.
• Jason Ramsey, Oklahoma State University A&M Board of Regents, Oklahoma City.
• Amy Aldridge Sanford, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah.
• Katrina Shaklee, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond.
• Clay Slaton, EngATech, Tulsa.
• Eric Weisgarber, Allegiant Marketing Group Inc., Edmond.
• Stephen Willoughby, Association of Central Oklahoma Governments, Oklahoma City.
• Michelle Witt, Impact Earth LLC, Tulsa.